Anderson and Keene-Flint Halls are “sister buildings” built in 1910 and 1912 respectively. Both buildings were on the National Historic Register. Flint Hall had been condemned after a fire. Due to the age of the buildings, there was no air conditioning and they were not ADA compliant.
The project involved remodeling both halls with the addition of a service tower to Flint Hall and interior finishes to the tower on Anderson Hall. The additions of the service towers to each building provided mechanical facilities as well as modern restrooms and a large classroom at the ground level. Both halls provide space to accommodate teaching, research, faculty and staff offices.
A new state of the art teaching auditorium was also added to Flint Hall. The project was completed on time and within budget.