Ajax Building Company, LLC Awards Best Subcontractors of 2020: 24 Trade Partners of Excellence in Eight Regions
Tallahassee, Florida: After a year like 2020 and all the challenges it brought, Ajax Building Company, LLC is extremely grateful to the subcontractors they are honoring in their annual recognition of the best.
Each year, Ajax celebrates the quality, teamwork and high safety standards of their subcontractors in the following trade categories:
- Core Trades (Site, Structural, and Building).
- Finish Trades.
- MEP/FP/T Trades (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Technology).
Ajax is pleased to honor the following 24 subcontractors whose exception work and high level of COVID-19 safety standards were instrumental in their 2020 success on projects extending from the Florida Keys to North Georgia.
North Florida Region:
- Core Trades: Masonry Incorporated for their ongoing work on the Florida Department of Management Services (DMS) Capitol Complex project in Tallahassee.
- Finish Trades: Nelson & Affiliates, Inc. for the Center for Access & Student Success at Florida A&M University (FAMU).
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Lewis & Thompson Electric, Inc. was also recognized for their role on the DMS Capitol Complex.
Northwest Florida Region: These subcontractors all worked on the Pensacola State College Mary Ellison Baars Building, a new 60,000 square foot building which completed last summer and was a Green Building Initiative with a target goal of Three Globes Certification (equivalent to USGBC LEED Gold Certification.)
- Core Trades: Cross Environmental Services, Inc.
- Finish Trades: Merritt Glass Company, Inc.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Comfort Systems USA (Southeast), Inc. was awarded last year as well for PSC Baars and the City of Fort Walton Beach Field Office Complex.
Northeast Florida Region: These subcontractors all worked on the Volusia County Public Works NE Facility, a five-building complex that was completed two and a half months ahead of schedule.
- Core Trades: Tomoka Construction Services, Inc.
- Finish Trades: A.W. Baylor Versapanel – Plastering, Inc.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Giles Electric Company, Inc.
North Central Florida Region:
- Core Trades: W.G. Johnson & Son, Inc. is currently working on the Alachua County UF/IFAS Extension Headquarters, which broke ground in October 2020.
- Finish Trades: D.R. Nickelson & Company, Inc. for the Trimark Properties Ingenuity Office Building First Floor Fit-Out, completed in June 2020.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Preston-Link Electric, Inc. for the Ingenuity Office Building First Floor Fit-Out as well.
Central Florida Region: These subcontractors all worked on the made a good team even better on the Sumter County Jail Expansion project which is currently approaching project completion.
- Core Trades: Wayne Automatic Fire Sprinklers, Inc.
- Finish Trades: Wavecrest Masonry, Inc.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Electric Services, Inc.
West Florida Region:
- Core Trades: Industrial Steel, Inc. for the Pasco County Cypress Creek Middle School totaling 191,936 square feet and completed Summer 2020.
- Finish Trades: Tab Glass & Window Corporation also for the Cypress Creek Middle School.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: Energy Air, Inc. for the Wiregrass Ranch Sports Campus of Pasco County and the Hillsborough County Memorial Middle School Referendum Phase 2. Energy Air also was recognized last year for the HVAC Renovations at Hillsborough County Schwarzkopf Elementary School.
Southwest Florida Region:
- Core Trades: Hellas Construction, Inc. for the Monroe County Key West High School Backyard Design Build project.
- Finish Trades: Dolphin Innovations, LLC for the City of Venice Public Safety Facility project completed Summer 2020.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: Westcoast Electric Services, Inc. also for the City of Venice Public Safety Facility.
- Core Trades: Response Environmental & Site Services for the JP Morgan Chase Bank project in Atlanta.
- Finish Trades: L and T Flooring, Inc. also for the JP Morgan Chase Bank project in Atlanta.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: Southern Mechanical Contractors, Inc. for the Cherokee County Adult Detention Facility which is in the final phase of construction.
About Our Company: Ajax Building Company, LLC founded in 1958, is an employee owned and third generation family operated construction management firm. During the past 63 years, Ajax has steadily grown to become one of the Southeast’s premier contractors. As a part of the STO Building Group family, Ajax’s project experience now extends throughout the United States, into Canada and the UK, and Ireland. Regardless of the complexity or size of a project, Ajax brings innovative solutions to construction challenges and always strives to exceed their client’s expectations. Ajax prides itself on delivering projects that are on time, within budget and possess the highest level of safety, customer service and quality. Ajax is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.