Ajax Building Company Continues Their Annual Tradition, Honoring the Best Subcontractors of 2022
Tallahassee, Florida: In their annual Subcontractor of the Year awards, Ajax Building Company, LLC has recognized 26 trade partners in eight regions from Southwest Florida up to South Carolina and in a ninth ‘region’ of Interiors. Since 2006, Ajax has maintained this annual tradition of recognizing and celebrating the quality, teamwork, and high standards of their subcontractors.
These winners fall into the following three trade categories:
- Core Trades (Site, Structural, and Building).
- Finish Trades.
- MEP/FP/T Trades (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Technology).
Their exceptional work ethic, communication and adherence to Structure Tone Building Group’s Safety 360 protocols and standards have been invaluable in keeping the projects on schedule and bringing some to successful completion. All of these subs helped Ajax reach the platinum level of ABC National’s STEP Safety Management System for 2023.
North Florida Region:
- Core Trades: Jimmie Crowder Excavating & Land Clearing for their contribution to both the Tallahassee Police Department HQ and the Killearn Country Club.
- Finish Trades: S. David & Company, Inc. for the new Florida State Student Union.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Lewis & Thompson Electric, Inc. also for FSU Student Union.
Northeast Florida Region:
- Core Trades: WMG Construction, Inc. for the consolidation of Volusia County Ortona & Osceola Elementaries into the new Beachside Elementary.
- Finish Trades: Taylor-Cotton-Ridley, Inc. for the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office District 3 Administration Facility.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Energy Air, Inc. also for the Flagler County Sheriff’s Office District 3 Administration Facility and also the Volusia County Deland Courtroom Renovation.
North Central Florida Region: These three subcontractors have been part of the University of Florida Data Science and Information Technology building project.
- Core Trades: Berkel & Company Contractors, Inc.
- Finish Trades: West Star Interiors, Inc.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Ace Electric, Inc.
Central Florida Region:
- Core Trades: Mark Construction Company for their part in the Okeechobee Jail Expansion and Renovation project.
- Finish Trades: A & W Construction Services, Inc. for their participation on three projects, the OUC St. Cloud Operations Facility, the Alpha Aerospace Center and the Okeechobee Jail Expansion and Renovation.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Boys Electrical Contractors, LLC for the Alpha Aerospace Center and the Brevard County Emergency Operations Center.
West Florida Region:
- Core Trades: BNG Construction, Inc. for the Hillsborough County Sumner High School Classroom Addition.
- Finish Trades: Spectra Contract Flooring for the Pinellas County Lakewood High School Renovation.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: B & I Contractors, Inc. also for the Pinellas County Lakewood High School Renovation.
Southwest Florida Region:
- Core Trades: A-Plus Roofing of Key West for the classroom addition at Monroe County’s Sugarloaf School.
- Finish Trades: Spectrum Contracting, Inc. for the brand-new College of the Florida Keys Academy Charter School.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: Gary’s Plumbing and Fire, Inc. for both Sugarloaf School and the CFK Academy.
- Core Trades: Harrell Construction Co., Inc. for the storage expansion at Stack Infrastructure in Atlanta.
- Finish Trades: Southern Wall Systems II, LLC also for Stack Infrastructure and the capital renewal projects within Beaufort County Schools.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: Metropower, Inc. for two projects at Augusta University, a CA Lab and Central Energy Plant.
- Core Trades: Cliatt Construction, Inc. also worked on the Augusta University CA Lab and the Beaufort County Schools Capital Renewal Program.
- Finish Trades: Morgan Services, LLC for the Beaufort County Schools Capital Renewal Program.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: Palmetto Cabling Solutions, Inc. for the Beaufort County Schools Capital Renewal Program.
- Euro Design Experts, LLC
- Miller Electric Company for the TD Bank Jacksonville Contact Center Build-Out.
About Our Company: Ajax Building Company, LLC founded in 1958, is an employee owned and third generation family operated construction management firm. During the past 64 years, Ajax has steadily grown to become one of the Southeast’s premier contractors. As a part of the STO Building Group family, Ajax’s project experience now extends throughout the United States, into Canada and the UK, and Ireland. Regardless of the complexity or size of a project, Ajax brings innovative solutions to construction challenges and always strives to exceed their client’s expectations. Ajax prides itself on delivering projects that are on time, within budget and possess the highest level of safety, customer service and quality. Ajax is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.