Ajax Building Company Awards Subcontractors Best Subcontractors of 2021
Tallahassee, Florida: In their annual Subcontractor of the Year awards, Ajax Building Company, LLC recognizes 24 trade partners in eight (8) regions. These partners have proven their excellence not only in quality and safety but in expertly navigating any challenges as a result of the last two years:
These winners fall into the following three trade categories:
- Core Trades (Site, Structural, and Building).
- Finish Trades.
- MEP/FP/T Trades (Mechanical, Electrical, Plumbing, Fire Protection and Technology).
Their exceptional work ethic, communication and adherence to Structure Tone Building Group’s Safety 360 protocols and standards have been invaluable in keeping the projects on schedule and bringing some to successful completion.
North Florida Region: These subcontractors have been diligently working on the 269,000 SF Florida State University New Student Union, coming soon.
- Core Trades: Masonry Incorporated
- Finish Trades: Teal Tile & Carpet, Inc.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Lewis & Thompson Electric, Inc.
Northwest Florida Region: Thanks to Tindall Corp., Acousti Engineering and Glaze Communications for their part on the Santa Rosa County Judicial Center, a three (3) story 110,000 SF courthouse complex that recently held its ribbon cutting ceremony on March 30th.
- Core Trades: Tindall Corporation
- Finish Trades: Acousti Engineering Company
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Glaze Communications Service, Inc.
Northeast Florida Region: These Northeastern winners worked on the University of North Florida 50M (25 yards wide) Competition Pool including 10,894 SF of building with a 1,415 SF canopy.
- Core Trades: EK Birken Masonry, Inc.
- Finish Trades: J.E. Abercrombie, Inc.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Weller Pools, LLC
North Central Florida Region:
- Core Trades: Crisdel Group, Inc. for their work on the University of Florida Malachowsky Hall for Data Science & Information Technology currently underway.
- Finish Trades: Superior Millwork Company for their contribution to the Alachua County Equestrian Center and UF/IFAS Extension.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Touchton Plumbing Contractors, Inc. who worked on two Ajax projects; the University of North Florida Competition Pool and the Columbia County Detention Center expansion.
Central Florida Region:
- Core Trades: A&W Construction Services, Inc. is being recognized for their part in five (5) projects in this region, the Sumter County Jail Expansion, Sumter County Tax Kiosk, Idyllwilde Elementary School Renovation, and two Continuing Contract (CCW) jobs for Seminole State College.
- Finish Trades: Spectra Contract Flooring also for the Idyllwilde Elementary Renovation project.
- MEP/FP/T Trades: Boys Electrical Contractors, LLC for both the Idyllwilde renovations and one of the CCW jobs at Seminole State College.
West Florida Region:
- Core Trades: Coreslab Structures, Inc. for the Pinellas County Shore Acres Elementary Classroom Addition.
- Finish Trades: Raynor Company Group also worked on a classroom addition at Shore Acres Elementary as well as the addition to the Hillsborough County Spoto High School.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: Beach Lake Sprinkler for the Hillsborough County Spoto High School.
Southwest Florida Region: The Monroe County Sugarloaf School project has greatly benefited from the contributions of these companies
- Core Trades: Charley Toppino & Sons, Inc.
- Finish Trades: Bella Construction of Key West, Inc.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: Pedro Falcon Electrical Contractors, Inc.
Georgia: All three of these subs were part of the project team for the Cherokee County Adult Detention Center expansion.
- Core Trades: Ben Hill Roofing and Siding Co., Inc.
- Finish Trades: GEA96 Group, LLC also contributed to the Kennesaw State University Howell Hall renovation, as well as some Augusta University task orders jobs and those for JPMC.
- MEP/FT/T Trades: Noah Detention Construction, LLC
About Our Company: Ajax Building Company, LLC founded in 1958, is an employee owned and third generation family operated construction management firm. During the past 64 years, Ajax has steadily grown to become one of the Southeast’s premier contractors. As a part of the STO Building Group family, Ajax’s project experience now extends throughout the United States, into Canada and the UK, and Ireland. Regardless of the complexity or size of a project, Ajax brings innovative solutions to construction challenges and always strives to exceed their client’s expectations. Ajax prides itself on delivering projects that are on time, within budget and possess the highest level of safety, customer service and quality. Ajax is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics.